Welcome Nitro Fans

I wanted to take a little time to explain my blog. I will be keeping up with news and views of the NHRA, Teams, Sponsors and Fans as much as can. I will be posting links, pictures, video's and comments from my experiences and from the fans, teams and sponsors.
My goal is to help spread to word of the NHRA, NHRA Teams, their Sponsors, and the NHRA Community in hopes of supporting it's Growth. Over the years I have seen the NHRA's growth, and I think the potential is there to make this Drag Racing Sport the #1 in the Nation. I would appreciate everyones support.

NitroJohn

NitroJohn
The 3 Amigo's

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Pre 4-Wide at zMAXDragway



With the upcoming 2nd annual visitmyrtlebeach.com NHRA Nationals, the weather reports possibly rain on Friday and Saturday. No matter what the outcome of the weather, I know we will all have the best of times and make the best of it. This is such an exciting event to go to being the only National Event that has a different format of drag racing. Instead of the customary 2 cars going down the track, they have 4 cars roaring down the track all at once producing two times the horsepower at conventional tracks. There are still mix emotions on this event from both the fans and the NHRA drivers.
Last March was the a Historical moment in NHRA History, producing the 1st 4 wide event on the NHRA Full Throttle Series tour. Of course with any changes that we occur in life is not always accepted with open arms at first. ZMax is putting together the prototype of what is about to possibly be implemented at more tracks within the Full Throttle Series Tour. The sister track was actually built with the same specs as zMAX in hopes to one day changing to the 4-Wide format. I did talk to Graham Light on the starting line in Indy last year, and he said that they want this to work, and it could be a big plus for the NHRA. I do agree, and they still have some bugs and changes to perfect it, but I feel they will get it right.
The 4-Wide event will bring a different aspect to the field of play. You can read all about how it works here, so I won't go into the details - http://www.competitionplus.com/drag-racing/news/17209-4-wide-racing-still-draws-mixed-reactions-from-drivers
This would mean that the race will accelerate in time, possible less down time making way for probable Simulcast of Live TV. I am all for it and willing to go the length to help promote this new format. I will be experiencing the 4-Wide for the first time April 14 - 17 2011 and I will blog on it when I return with a lot of opinions and photo's.
I will be meeting up with a lot of twitter fans at ZMAX this weekend and you can follow them on twitter to view their perspective, views and outtakes of this event. Here are a list: @NHRAChat, @J88Ryan, @gwhitt1, @NancyBenza/@BobBenza and family, @sremerson & his son, @LDCRust, @margiefreedle, cfreedle73, @gottagoracing, @Quick_Lane and @MQL_Racing. Also meeting up with PapaNitro (Gregs Father-in-Law) will be there too who does not have a twitter account.

1 comment:

  1. John you are a true asset to NHRA and the Fans! Thanks for doing this and all the other things you do to promote the sport!

    ReplyDelete