Welcome Nitro Fans

I wanted to take a little time to explain my blog. I will be keeping up with news and views of the NHRA, Teams, Sponsors and Fans as much as can. I will be posting links, pictures, video's and comments from my experiences and from the fans, teams and sponsors.
My goal is to help spread to word of the NHRA, NHRA Teams, their Sponsors, and the NHRA Community in hopes of supporting it's Growth. Over the years I have seen the NHRA's growth, and I think the potential is there to make this Drag Racing Sport the #1 in the Nation. I would appreciate everyones support.

NitroJohn

NitroJohn
The 3 Amigo's

Thursday, April 21, 2011

From the Eyes of a Newbie, 4-Wide ZMAX Dragway


It all started out for me on Twitter. I connected with a wonderful group of people who are die hard NHRA fans. How we connected I really don't remember, but I feel truly blessed we did.
@NHRAChat - Greg & @NitroJohn - John started talking to me about a visitmyrtlebeach.com NHRA 4-Wide Nationals race they would be attending in Charlotte. I have never attend an NHRA race or any race for that matter. It sounded like fun though seeing that I like fast cars. Those two said come on and join us. A lot easier said than done due to finances. @LDCRust - Laura, whom I have never met said come on I will have two tickets waiting for you.
Are you serious? Who are these people? Well, let me tell you who they are. They are a family, a NHRA Family, and they welcomed me into the fold with open arms.
@cfreedle73 - Chris and I showed up to the track Saturday and found @LDCRust. She handed us our tickets and into the track we went. She is one of the best people I have had the privilege to meet.
Of course with the kind of luck I have, it stormed for the first 30 minutes we were there. Then the skies cleared and it turned into a beautiful day.
We finally met up with @NHRAChat, @NitroJohn, and @PapaNitroSTL. They became our guides into the life of NHRA racing.
They took us around the pits, where we got to watch the cars warming up. I gave everyone a good laugh when when I witnessed my first car firing up. I jumped a good 2 feet. That was the most exhilarating feeling though.
With the smell of Nitro in the air we worked our way to the stands. With earplugs in, I watched for the very first time the cars go flying by down the drag strip. I could feel it through my entire body. What a rush!
I have to say I am now addicted. Nitro has a funny way of seeping into your blood where you just can't get enough. You start counting down the days till the next race.
Our day became even more exhilarating thanks to Joe - @J88Ryan and Bob Tasca III - @Tasca3. We were invited into the Bob Tasca III pit area, where we got to watch @Tasca3 warm up his funny car. He took the time out to meet with us, take pictures and just chat. During this time we also got to meet Steve - @sremerson and his son. It was a joy to meet them both.
The NHRA drivers are a special breed. Their fans are important to them and they take the time to recognize us.
After the day was done at the track we headed on over to Dave and Busters for a tweetup. @TerryMcMillen, Jim and Cori were hanging out with us signing autographs. He is one of the best.
This whole experience has been a dream come true. Thank you to the NHRA family for welcoming @cfreedle73 and myself in. You are the best of the best.
Until the next race: Drive Fast and Drive Hard
Margie Freedle
@margiefreedle on twitter

1 comment:

  1. Margie, that was just fabulous, I hope I will get to meet you sometime, the race in ATL is May 13th, idk the details but will let you know, keep up the GREAT blogging!

    ReplyDelete