Welcome Nitro Fans

I wanted to take a little time to explain my blog. I will be keeping up with news and views of the NHRA, Teams, Sponsors and Fans as much as can. I will be posting links, pictures, video's and comments from my experiences and from the fans, teams and sponsors.
My goal is to help spread to word of the NHRA, NHRA Teams, their Sponsors, and the NHRA Community in hopes of supporting it's Growth. Over the years I have seen the NHRA's growth, and I think the potential is there to make this Drag Racing Sport the #1 in the Nation. I would appreciate everyones support.

NitroJohn

NitroJohn
The 3 Amigo's

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Meet Super Comp Driver Kelsey Lay




NHRA Fans, Nitro Twitter Group Fan, Motorsport Fans! I'd like you to meet Super Com Driver Kelsey Lay. She is an up and coming young NHRA Drag Racer making her way up in the racing categories with dreams of becoming a NHRA Top Fuel Dragster pilot! I say pilot because it takes a lot more to drive these 8,000 horsepower, 320 mph, 3.800 ET Top Fuel Machines. If they had wings, they'd fly almost in Stealth mode. Although with using 16 gallons every 3 seconds, flight would not be very far. So I recently talked with Kelsey while she was in Utah on a Skiing trip on spring break. She took a few minutes out of her vacation time to talk with me about her career, what is in store this year and future goals. The picture below is Kelsey as she was talking to me on the interview after a day on the slopes.




Let me tell you a little about Kelsey Lay and then you can hear more from her in my interview with her. The interview can be reached from the Kelsey Lay Interview. Kelsey always had the passion for car racing and drag racing. She started out young from watching her dad race, and has tremendous support from her family. There is more on the interview about her younger years, so I won't elaborate on it too much here. In May of 2012 and at the age of 17, Kelsey got her NHRA competition drivers license as she graduated from Frank Hawley's Drag Racing School. She also attains an IHRA License. On her 18th Birthday, she entered her first National Drag Race, the Gatornationals in Gainesville, FL. Since then she has been living her passion and getting the experience needed to move up in the ranks in the NHRA. She is currently working on her Top Dragster License which is the next level up from Super Comp. I know with her passion, her drive and education, she will be the one to look out for as a successful NHRA Professional Driver. Speaking of education, Kelsey is currently attending the University of Tampa majoring in Marketing and Communication. This is an awesome choice in her path to gain knowledge to put a Pro NHRA Team together in the future. Being young and very marketable I believe will help with her dreams to become the best she can be in the path she chooses. I would love to see her someday in the future working with a prominent NHRA Top Fuel Team.



I have never met Kelsey in person, but have spoken with her and communicated with her through twitter and emails. I have found her to be loyal to her fans and she takes the time for question and answer sessions on twitter. She is devoted in all she does, and that in itself is the key to success. Someday at one of the NHRA events, I am sure our paths will cross and have the pleasure of meeting Kelsey.




There are many ways that you can follow Kelsey in the Drag Racing World and through the social media outlets such as her web site, twitter, Facebook, and YouTube. You can also check out how she does at events through her tweets or Drag Race Central. I put all the links below so you have just one click to learning more about her and follow her throughout her career. You can see where she is racing this year on her web site and hopefully get a chance to meet her. I was fortunate to get a couple of signed T-Shirts from her and I believe they will be a great collectors item in the future.




Kelsey Lay Interview

Kelsey Lay on Twitter

Kelsey Lay on Facebook

Kelsey Lay on YouTube

Kelsey Lay's Web Site

No comments:

Post a Comment