Welcome Nitro Fans

I wanted to take a little time to explain my blog. I will be keeping up with news and views of the NHRA, Teams, Sponsors and Fans as much as can. I will be posting links, pictures, video's and comments from my experiences and from the fans, teams and sponsors.
My goal is to help spread to word of the NHRA, NHRA Teams, their Sponsors, and the NHRA Community in hopes of supporting it's Growth. Over the years I have seen the NHRA's growth, and I think the potential is there to make this Drag Racing Sport the #1 in the Nation. I would appreciate everyones support.

NitroJohn

NitroJohn
The 3 Amigo's

Saturday, December 28, 2013

2013 In Review

I would have to say that 2013 was a very good year. It was a very busy year, and I do apologize for my lack of blogging. Hopefully I will be able to write more blogs in 2014.

We started out 2013 hitting the 1st 4 NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing Events in a row, and that was very exciting. While in Gainesville, Florida, during the NHRA Amalie Oil GatorNationals, Jeni and I took a little vacation and went down to Universal Orlando - Harry Potter Islands of Adventure.


We had a very good time in Florida as Jeni also helped Terry McMillen Racing and Amalie Oil with their first sponsored NHRA Drag Racing Event. Here she is as she checked for your credentials to enter.


After attending the NHRA Summit Racing Equipment Nationals in Las Vegas, Jeni and I packed up and moved to Elkhart, Indiana. It was very hard leaving family, heading into uncharted territory, but so far, it has been a great decision. I took on a job as the General Manager of the Amalie Store, and I am really enjoying all it has to offer. I have met some good people, enjoying our new home, and now enjoying a white Christmas. We do miss our family, but they are so spread out, that we could not be with them all anyways. So we are right in the middle, and it is just a short commute to see each and everyone of them. Jeni has taken on a good job with great benefits, and has also met some great friends along the way.


I have found that living in Elkhart is close to a lot of NHRA tracks. Either a days drive or less to these tracks. Joliet, Norwalk, St Louis, Thunder Valley, Englishtown, Brainerd, and ZMax Dragway. Also, most places now are just a non stop flight in either direction.

Norwalk
Chicago
Englishtown
Bristol

A big highlight was attending the NHRA Finals in Pomona in November and having my family there. Having my sister, Downtown Tim, my son and his family there was so heart warming.


One of the new additions in 2013 was the birth of Cameron McMillen. Terry and Cori have been so blessed.




I also had the opportunity to meet one of Terry McMillen's good sponsors, Mark Adelizzi, with Flatout Gaskets. He has a great sense of humor, and really a great guy.


So all in all, 2013 was a great year, filled with changes, hopes, and great friends. We have been so blessed with our careers, family and friends throughout the years.

2014 is looking up to be another fantastic year. Besides attending some of the NHRA events with Terry McMillen Racing, we have some great plans for the Amalie Store. Also, I'll be helping out one of my good friends Jeff in his new venture in the Nostalgia Gassers Group. They will be racing and show casing in a lot of events throughout the year. I'll be attending a lot of the local tracks during the 2014 season. Jeff will be taking over for Tom Nowicki in 2014. Stay tuned for more information in the near future.


Also in 2014, I'll be attending some Mud Bogging Tracks to support my friend John in his journey competing in NMRO Mud Racing. You can check out his video here: John Creech Video


Thank you all for the great memories who we have encountered during the 2013 season. May 2014 be a great year for all. Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment