Welcome Nitro Fans

I wanted to take a little time to explain my blog. I will be keeping up with news and views of the NHRA, Teams, Sponsors and Fans as much as can. I will be posting links, pictures, video's and comments from my experiences and from the fans, teams and sponsors.
My goal is to help spread to word of the NHRA, NHRA Teams, their Sponsors, and the NHRA Community in hopes of supporting it's Growth. Over the years I have seen the NHRA's growth, and I think the potential is there to make this Drag Racing Sport the #1 in the Nation. I would appreciate everyones support.

NitroJohn

NitroJohn
The 3 Amigo's

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Post of Cori Wickler in Maynmar

Here is what Cori wrote on her Blog in Myanmar:


on Jan 08 in Trip Blog Winter 2011-12 tagged by cori

We have been here for two and a half days now, and I am finally getting the chance to sit down and type a blog. It is quiet here, as half of the group went to a soccer game this afternoon. There is so much to share, but I there was one thing that touched me more than I would have ever realized. They celebrate what they call “Christmas in July” here. All of the orphanages were given two sets of clothing per child and every child was aloud to pick out one toy for them to keep. The children made two lines that seemed to go on forever, and five at a time they came into the supply room to pick a toy. It was so amazing to see the excitement on their faces when they left with a new toy in their hand. This was special for them not only because they got a new toy, but because they were able to make a choice, something they don’t get to do for themselves often. I also found it very rewarding to see the children pick some of the toys that were donated by people that I know. Usually you don’t get to see your donated items put to good use, so seeing it, was pretty awesome. I will tell you what the kids here are some of the happiest children I have ever seen. They have such little material items, but more love than you can imagine. As far as everyone here is concerned. Everyone is healthy, just recovering from jet lag. Take care for now!

1 comment: