Welcome Nitro Fans

I wanted to take a little time to explain my blog. I will be keeping up with news and views of the NHRA, Teams, Sponsors and Fans as much as can. I will be posting links, pictures, video's and comments from my experiences and from the fans, teams and sponsors.
My goal is to help spread to word of the NHRA, NHRA Teams, their Sponsors, and the NHRA Community in hopes of supporting it's Growth. Over the years I have seen the NHRA's growth, and I think the potential is there to make this Drag Racing Sport the #1 in the Nation. I would appreciate everyones support.

NitroJohn

NitroJohn
The 3 Amigo's

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The NHRA Auto Club Finals in Pomona 2011

This being the final race of the year, and the most exciting because the outcome decides who the NHRA Champions are, lived up to it's expectations. The atmosphere was full of energy and anybody who was anybody was there experiencing all the excitement. I got there on Friday morning, and dropped off a box of twinkies to Clay Millican as he was getting ready for qualifying. His nickname on twitter is "The Twinkie King". Clay takes the time for his fans and treats them like royalty. If you go to an NHRA event, please make sure you stop by to see Clay and you'll know exactly what I mean. Also, don't forget to follow Clay on twitter. You can "Like" his Facebook page at Clay on Facebook
During the course of the weekend I met up with WFO Joe and took some pictures of him interviewing some of the drivers. This was very fun and it was cool to capture the moments of him interviewing. Please follow WFOJoe on Twitter and listen to WFO's broadcast of the NHRA every Tuesday at WFO Radio 7:00 pm EDT

As I made it into Terry McMillen's pit, I get a warm welcome every time I see him and the team. Terry says "Your late! We start on Thursdays here"! You got to love his sense of humor. I was dressed in my McMillen Team Jersey and I felt like part of the crew. Friday I hung out in Terry's pits and took pictures of the Terry, the team, and the fans stopping by to see Terry and hoping to get a picture. The kids love that Terry lets them sit in his dragster to experience the feeling and get a picture taken in the cockpit. The fans can then go to Terry McMillen's Facebook Page to view and download their pictures. Terry is so fan orientated and his passion for the sport is easily detected in all he does. You can also follow Terry on Twitter. It also was Veterans day and many vets stopped by to see Terry and the team. Terry also had a tribute of all the Armed Forces on his Top Fuel Dragster.

Next year will even be more exciting for Terry McMillen and stay tuned for more exciting news to come from the McMillen Camp for the 2012 season.

Sunday was the most exciting day of the NHRA Event. I met up with a representative of the NHRA down at the Drivers Introductions where we discussed possibilities of the Nitro Twitter Group involvement in the NHRA. We have our fingers crossed of great things to come for the NTG. We had a great showing of member there in Pomona and captured a few pictures with the members and WFO Joe. Windy Arend assisted in taking pictures of us all and we also got one with her in the group picture as seen below. Vivian @NitroDoll and her family, @NHRAPhil, @WFOJoe, @windyarend, @ThommyNoodlez, @Rich_in_Saugus and more friends. We had the most wonderful time.
Then the finals began, and each round got more intense as the top contenders all made it through the first round. By the semi finals it was time to bring it all or go home. In Top Fuel it was Del Worsham of Al-Anabi Racing matching up with Spencer Massey of DSR to see who will be the Champion since Larry Dixon already was eliminated by Tony Schumacher. The crowd went wild as Del Worsham won his first championship in his 21 years of Driving in the NHRA. That was the most intense race of the year.
In Funny Car, there was even more excitement as Matt Hagan was looking to win the Championship, but had to get by Jack Beckman, Robert Hight, and Cruz Pedregon. Beckman and Hight had gone out then it was Matt Hagan facing Cruz Pedregon in the Semi Finals. As Matt Hagan of DSR passed the finish line first and won, the crowd again went ecstatic as Matt just won the 2011 NHRA Funny Car Chamionship.
I would like to congratulate the winners of the NHRA Auto Club Finals who were TF - Del Worsahm, FC - Matt Hagan, PS - Greg Stanfield, and PSM - Andrew Hines. I would also like to congratulate the NHRA 2011 Champions who were: TF - Del Worsham, FC - Matt Hagan, PS - Jason Line, and PSM - Eddie Krawiec. You all had a great year and are so very deserving of this Championship.

Below is a link to the pictures I took at the Pomona NHRA Finals 2011

My Pictures

Follow me on Twitter

We'll see you next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment